2.14.2011

typography journal 04

MANTRA FOR THE WEEK:
Think with your mind. Forget technology. Creativity is not device-dependent.
I chose this mantra because I have found that when it becomes time to do some initial sketching, I reach for the computer. I do my sketches by hand because I prefer the control of the pen in my hand on the paper, but I look for inspiration on the web rather than in my own head. I need to step away from the computer, and start being inspired by what's existing around me, what's tangible.

Who is Bruce Mau?
Bruce Mau is an award winning designer, author, and publisher, known for his ability to originate, innovate, and renovate businesses, brands, products, and experiences. He is the Chief Creative Officer for Bruce Mau design, and founded the Institute Without Boundaries, a studio-based postgraduate program.

Why is he interesting to us?
Mau is interesting to us because his views on creativity are so obvious they're forgotten until reminded. His "Incomplete Manifesto" is something designers should live by, in my opinion. He is an incredible thinker and an incredible designer, paving the way for different-thinking and young designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment