4.18.2011

typography journal 09

After watching the SVA video lectures by Jakob Trollback, I picked up a few important pointers:

The first being what I thought was most important, you should never design to decorate or design just to design, but rather say something with your work. Design for a reason.

I also found it interesting that he suggested to look for inspiration outside of design books, because they won't help you. To an extent, I agree with his statement, plus I think it prevents you from looking too similar to another designer.

Trollback also says that participation is the best way to get someone to do something, which I thought was both true and interesting considering his other views on interactive design.

Finally, I thought his views on interactive design were quite interesting. He doesn't prefer it, as it gives the viewer freedom to disengage at their discretion, stopping potentially before the message he wishes to convey is completed. I had never thought about interactive design in this way, only in that the viewer is able to engage with the material however they wish and in their own unique way.

No comments:

Post a Comment